Prior to her appointment as SCC CEO in April 2018, Ms. Guay was Vice President, Standards and International Relations where she was responsible for the overall management of the Canadian Standardization Network. She specifically managed the coordination and facilitation of Canadian stakeholder input into the development of international standards. She provided leadership and direction for the accreditation of Standards Development Organizations in Canada. Chantal also served as Vice President, Accreditation Services for five years where she led the development of the processes and quality management system that contributed to a renewed business model. She initiated a specific focus on customers and ensured conformance to international standards and obligations.
Prior to SCC, Chantal was Chief Executive Officer of Engineers Canada; the national organization of the 12 provincial and territorial associations that regulate the practice of engineering in Canada and that license the country’s more than 290,000 professional engineers. During her tenure, she represented the Canadian Engineering Regulators at regional and international fora such as the Pan American Federation of Engineering Societies (UPADI), as well as the International Professional Engineers Agreement (IPEA), the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Engineers Agreement (APEC EA) and the World Federation of Engineering Organization (WFEO).
Chantal brings a strong understanding of the importance and value of standardization, quality, and systems management in the private and public sectors. She has a breadth of experience and knowledge in both technical and policy related standardization work, including:
- Member: ISO Council (2020-2022)
- Member: ISO’s Council Standing Committee on Strategy and Policy (CSC/SP) (2020-2022)
- Chair: PASC Executive Committee (2019-2021)
- Convener: ISO/CASCO Strategic Alliance Regulatory Group (2017-2018)
- Member: ISO/CASCO Chairman’s Policy and Coordination Group (2014-2015 and 2016-2017)
- Member: ISO/CASCO Strategic Alliance and Regulatory Group (2014-2015 and 2016-2017)
- Co-Convener: IAF Joint Task Force on improving accreditation body consistency (2014-2015)
- Member: ISO/CASCO/WG 42 to review ISO/IEC 17011
- Member: ISO/CASCO/WG 46 to develop ISO/IEC 17029
Ms. Guay holds a Bachelor of Applied Science in Geological Engineering from Université Laval, and a Master’s in Environmental Management from the Faculty of Applied Sciences, Université de Sherbrooke. She has also earned an Advanced Executive Certificate in General Management from the Queen’s University School of Business.
Join an interactive panel session on fostering digital cooperation in the wake of a pandemic. Examine the intersection between the public and private sector in shaping marketplace rules and policy-oriented standards that govern our data and security.